Friday, May 19, 2006

 

Trelleborg

Been for a couple of beers in a local bar and all is well! Had a few on the ferry as well ;-) Trelleborg seems like a slightly old fashioned town, very neat and tidy.

I mentioned earlier that riding up the ramp to the fery was fun, well riding off the ferry was less simple! As we rode onto the ramp, a ferry guy (as they call them locally) was pointing at the joint between the ferry ramp and the dock. Yeah, I'm thinking , it's a bump up and down, I can cope. Less than a second before I hit this 'bump' I realise he is trying to point out that the joining piece is slatted metal, with gaps just wide enough for a bike wheel to fall down! Too late!

The front of my bike has fallen away and I nearly go over the handle bars, coming to an abrupt stop !

Thankfully I managed to stay upright, no damage done to the front wheel and Ben and Marly avoid the same fate, in between laughing! I reckon those ferry guys run a sweepstake on how many cyclists they can catch in a day!

At least we are warm and dry now. Tomorrow`s another day, a nice short one !


Comments:
Well the views have mainly been fields so far (lots of rape seed) and a few animals - Ben is keeping a list, mainly cos he sees them way before I do! I did spot the deer that ran across our path though!

Pain is slowly getting better, seems one brand of shorts is better than the other!

Hopefully should get some nice view along the Swedish coastline, although it is bleedin raining again today, and we're still a bit wet from yesterday!

cheers.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?