Sunday, May 14, 2006

 

So the transformation begins !

I spent all day yesterday in a huge German sports shop buying all the gear that I am gonna need on my trip. £400 quid on stuff that I can't say that I exactly like (and that's an understatement !) and which I will probably never wear again !

People who know me know that buying clothes is a bit of an ordeal for me - I swear that I have a bit of a phobia - so I was very glad to get back to Ben's and have several cold beers !!

Cycle shorts, shirts and gloves : -




and that's not all padding in those shorts ( although every little helps ;-) ).



A tracksuit!! ( I'm sure I'll wear that a lot down the King's Head when I get back !) It's lightweight and the only warm clothing that I'm taking.


"So how do I get from Lithuania to Oxford Circus ? And where am I gonna get a greasy black perm from at this short notice !!! "

And waterproof gear as well.


I did try on a pair of these all in one cycling bib type shorts -


but decided that they made me look a bit like Shirley Crabtree


















Having spent all this money it'd be kinda funny if I have to bail out after a couple of days !!!


Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Well thank you for your kind words and thank you for not f*#king swearing! Well f*#king done!

The support truck will be full of lager these days, don't you ever f*#king listen! ;-)
 
The world is coming to a decision! Whether to order the beers now to be on the safe side, or chance it and wait till later.

You work out which side I am on !

;-)

Neil
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?