Saturday, May 27, 2006

 

Rest Day (26/05/06)

A much needed day off from cycling! If
only to buy a new map, as we appear to have cycled off the last one!

Vastarvik is a very pretty harbour town, and a nice place to relax - OK, those who know me know I mean it has some good bars !

The hotel we are staying in is very nice (Best Western - www.stadshotellet.nu/ ) and after buying maps and lunch we spent much of the afternoon in the sauna. Doing it properly, coming out of the sauna every now and then to jump in the very cold plunge pool - trust me, you do get used to it, and feel quite good about it !

After a bit of internet blogging, out for dinner - called Mongolian Barbeque, but actually a Chinese ? - and a few beers. Ben eventually goes home, and I stay the course till late, chatting to the locals. 2am is definitely my time to hit the hay! Much cycling to do tomorrow and to a less than one-horse town, as I had confirmed tonight. Supplies will be purchased along the way!

I've added some more pictures to some of the last few days posts too. (Check out Ben's blog for more photos)

Night, night.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?