Tuesday, May 23, 2006

 

My bottom : an update !

For those of you who were so concerned about the state of play with my undercarriage (you know who you are!), the problem seems to have been solved.

It turns out that the seat wasn't correctly positioned for me, so I wasn't sitting on it properly. It was slightly too far back for me, so I was leaning forwards on my more tender areas! Not so good!!

Somewhere in between Trelleborg and Ystad (seems such a long time ago) I adjusted the seat forward about an inch and everything has been much better since! I am now sitting on the bones in my bum - seat bones so I am told - and although they have taken a couple of days to get used to things, and me used to a totally new kind of pain, things are much better, and the discomfort is genererally subsiding.

Hopefully things will be sorted completely by the time I get back to blighty! Nice !


Comments:
You definatley deserve a beer for this one
 
I would have to agree - Mr paul
 
I am so glad you found your sitting bones - that was my big problem when I was trying to learn to ride a horse, (I never did)as well as the fact that I kept falling off the damn beast (another similarity with your current endeavour).

Hopefully you will be a bit more comfortable once your muscles adjust to the new position.

My shoulder is on the mend (one of the ongoing horse injuries) and I start physio today.

Keep peddling safely
love RM
 
Neil,
Any chance you could send me a postcard while in Sweden ?
My address is : 164 New River Crescent, Palmers Green, London N13 5RJ. England
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?