Saturday, May 20, 2006

 

End of Day 5: Trelleborg to Ystad : 32 miles (246 Total )

As we left the internet café the rain started again! A light drizzle and cold breeze that stayed with us till late afternoon. We were taking no chances this time, fully waterproofed up!

We actually had a very gentle ride along the coast, as we didn't have that far to go today. Stopped for lunch at Smygehamn, Sweden`s most southern point. It is a very little fishing port, so we had fish - I had a herring burger! New one on me, but tasted quite good (fried herring ).

Carried on at a gentle pace and made Ystad easily. I`ve got some cracking photos of signs along the way, I`ll upload the pictures as soon as I can.

Had a very nice meal for Marly`s birthday and then sat in the bar upstairs listening to a live two piece band (guitar and banjo) who played all the usual coverd, and surprisingly three Pogues songs, so I was very happy!

A long day again tomorrow, so we will have to get an early start.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?