Thursday, May 18, 2006

 

End of Day 3: Altentreptow to Stralsund : 62 miles (169 Total)

Another long day and my legs are very weary. It has mainly been a grey, cold and wet day, with drizzle most of the afternoon. We both had to put on our condoms - our lightweight, slightly rubbery see through rain jackets (picture to follow sometime).

Started the day with a quick visit to a bike shop as my gears needed adjusting (well the bikes gears, as my own are way beyond repair ). Very simple adjustment and bike is now running absolutely smooth.



Have fully rediscovered my skills of riding `no hands` (much to Ben`s disapproval - he seems to think that I am some amatuer when comes to bike riding but I spent much of my youth in the saddle or repairing and re-assembling bikes. Despite another fall (admittedly on top of Ben taking him down as well - we did stop rather suddenly to photograph a stork (left) on a traditional German nesting site and I`m still getting used to having peddle straps!) all my little swerves are under full control and he does tend to over react a little ;-) )

After riding along some bumpy tracks and getting cold and wet it was very nice to arrive at the rather nice 4-star hotel Ben had arranged (at a very good price too). A very welcome warm shower and 15 minutes in the sauna put everything right again (sadly the three young fraus who appear on the hotel website were not there ! http://www.hotel-zur-post-stralsund.de/eng/hotels/sauna_solarium.html ) .

After some relaxtion we hit the internet café to organize some accomodation for Saturday night in Kristiantad - I found a nice (hopefully) small hotel in the centre of town. And of course we both had to update the blog and keep you all informed - with several beers to help us with our task.

We then went to a next door mexican restaurant. Now usually these plastic looking chain places serve quite mild food - not this one! I only ordered a basic burito and my mouth was on fire! And they had closed the kitchen when I asked for some ice cream to cool things down! Although I was told this by the most attractive tall blond waitress with the most gorgeous accent, so life wasn't that bad!

That's something that Stralsund doesn't seem to be short of - gorgeous women (admittedly mainly quite young). Stralsund seems to be a rather nice coastal town that's being developed slowly, keeping the local architecture. Along the quayside there are some nice looking bars and restaurants, and I can see why Ben would like to buy a flat here.

We went to a very lively club on the quayside and saw lots more of the beautiful (young) people, heard some good music and had a few more beers - a good time was had by all!

Regarding Bens quote about my writing and thinking simultaneously difficulties, he was being obscure with complicated Spoonerisms whilst I was writing an email, and it sounded like he was speaking foreign, so I had no chance.

My thought for the day was : .......and her knickers remained firmly on !
(quoting myself, is that one of the signs of insanity or just complete up own arse-ness) made us giggle!

(I`ve sorted out the pictures on several of the posts below, so go back and have another look.)

See ya


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?