Sunday, May 28, 2006

 

End of Day 12: Vastervik to Valdemarsvik : 55 miles (647 Total)

A very uneventful cycle through some more forests and fields for the afternoon , some hills but nothing too strenuous. The weather stayed fine and sunny, although there was a fairly strong head-wind, which noticeably slowed us up at times. But all so much more enjoyable than previous cold and wet days!


Arrived with plenty of time at the small town of Valdemarsvik, so sat near the harbour having a couple of beers and enjoying the sunshine . Went back to our B&B (run by a swede with a Thai bride) for a snooze, then we hit the town !

Well, maybe just slapped it lightly. More of a mild tickle actually. The town centres around a couple of bars and restaurants, one of which has a ten pin bowling alley in it! Oh yes, we were gonna have some fun tonight !

After we had eaten we tried out the bowling. It was lit with lots of UV and flashing lights and played lots of hard rock music. Nice. We played a couple of games, Ben getting the the better of me at first with several strikes, but the scores evened out in the end, with Ben just holding the lead.

Then back to the first bar for the live band!


Actually they were pretty good.
A young band playing a mixture of american and sewdish rock to a very young crowd, with one or two very drunk and much older folks (excluding me and Ben that is!). Quite a laugh, although we didn't know a lot of the songs. Guest vocal spot from one of their friends in the crowd - he shouldn't have bothered. It wasn't quite the Inn on the Green, but it was good fun, particularly for a Saturday night out in a very small town in the middle of nowhere.


Comments:
Hi Neil it's Chloe, my mum and I went round to your house on saturday and cleaned up a bit (I emptied your dishwasher, its tiny! I wish our dishwasher was as small as that!). Hopefully your front garden will look much tidier. Anyway it looks as if you have been doing lots of cycling but also lots of eating as well. Hope to see you next week xx
 
Hi Chloe, thanks for tidying up my house for me. (I would like to point out that it is on the reasonable side of clean and tidy most of the time, except the front garden, but there's not a lot I can do about that as litter from the whole street seems to land in my and my neighbour's front garden).

The dishwasher was full of clean stuff by the way, I put it on before I left (not like when I went to France earlier this year for 10 days and forgot to turn it on. Nice when I got back !!) At least I know what too get Chloe for Christmas, a nice small dishwasher.

Lots of cycling and eating still to do, see you next weekend.
 
Hi Neil, you are quite right, your house was very much on the reasonable side of being clean and tidy, I just have a thing about cleaning showers and the insides of washing machines!. Dont expect too much from your front garden - no miracles performed, Chloe just picked up some of the rubbish and cleaned the front door. Happy cycling
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?