Monday, May 15, 2006

 

End of Day 1: Berlin to Lychen: 62 miles

5.30 pm: A bloody long day, but I have just ridden 62 miles in one day, and I`m feeling quite good. In fact I don't feel bad at all!

I have to say that if Ben hadn't already ridden the route before we could possibly have done more miles, as at times it wasn't clear which way to go (more later).

Most of today`s journey was through nice countryside, on minor roads and lots of cycle paths, next to canals and generally very pleasant. I did actually enjoy it. It`s been a gorgeous sunny day. Admittedly my nether regions totally disappeared after 10 miles, and after 45 miles my arse finally gave up the ghost, but I`ll live to fight another day! Oh, and don't mention the coble stones! I think I`ve caught them!

I`m just amazed I`m not hurting more! Less than skiing in fact! I have done some serious stretches and my body feels resonably good! But who knows how it will feel in the morning ! (apparently I have burned off 1225 calories so I`m looking forward to dinner).




Now, about 6 of those miles were because we had to double back on ourselves because a bridge was closed on the tow path.

Now there was a big sign just before the turn off, but as I can`t read German I`m excusing myself from any responsibility for what it said, but the photo shows Ben as we pass it for the second time that day ! Make you own mind up if it was a bit on the unnoticeable side?

(The sign says "Diversion Long Distance cycle path" )


Comments:
well niel it is nice to know your having a good time i cant belive your really cycling that far you will be so fit when you get back....well i hope so anyway!!!
keep it up and we will talk soon
lana xx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?