Saturday, May 20, 2006

 

Day 6 : Lunch (35 miles)

We have now done more miles than yesterday's entire route, and it's only lunch time! (in under 3 hours). We've got about another 30 to go ! It has been quite hilly, with a bit of head wind. And to make it worse I've strained a muscle in my thigh (right medial quad if you're interested) which is making things a bit difficult today.

I think it's payback for the extreme burst of effort from two days ago. My right leg is the stronger one, and does more work, and it's now tired!



I've had to put on my second leg brace, and now I'm looking like a bionic Michelin man ! I've taken a pain killer, so we'll see how the afternoon pans out. It does take the enjoyment out of the ride somewhat.

It has been sunny-ish so far this morning and quite breezy. We will be following the coast more closely now, aiming for Kristianstad, via Arhus, home of Absolut vodka. Looking forward to getting to Kristianstad and crashing in a bar.




A big Happy Birthday to my brother Glen (and also our cousin Caroline)


Comments:
I thought I hadn't supported you enough on what is a pretty short trip. to show some solidarity I thought I'd sit on a razor blade in the pouring rain for 8 hours, then i thought b*****ks and sat on the sofa, turned on the telly and opened a beer. Keep going mate.
 
Kicked aaron off the computer to say hello inbetween preparing a lovely Sunday roast, rain still pouring down outside, Glen on the way to the airport to pick mum and dad up.
Had some of Glens birthday cake with the kids yesterday (very nice!) Hope you are not missing us too much (ha ha ) - we are missing you because all the computers in the office are not working very well at the moment (joke - bet loads of people are missing you when their computers go wrong though!)

Take care of those knees Neil, this is where you have to listen to your body to avoid any long term injuries.
 
Hello Neil dont faint its Mom, we got back from Spain today, sorry to hear you are having problems with your joints, dont over do it, be sensible for a change ! Lots of love from Mom and Dad take care speak to you soon. XXX
 
Thanks for the 'Happy Birthday'. It's more then I usually get from you! Glad to hear that you are keeping up and the legs have not expired yet. Since when did mum become so liberal, she'll be sending you a rolling machine and some roaches next!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?